banner

Our History:

 

The Shiloh Seventh–Day Adventist Church was organized on October 4, 1913, and led by the church’s first pastor, Elder Leslie Muntz. The church started 10 charter members who met in the home of Sister Leila Brown on Ninth Street. As the church grew, the faithful members were able to purchase their first church on Hopkins Street. In 1918, a new church was purchased on Wesley Avenue in 1930 under the capable leadership of Elder A. Durant. The name was changed to the Shiloh Seventh–Day Adventist Church in 1919.

For over 100 years, the Shiloh Seventh–Day Adventist Church has been displaying the love of Christ to the city of Cincinnati in both word and witness. The Lord has blessed the humble beginnings of this congregation and has allowed them to survive some of the most turbulent times that our nation has seen.

Shiloh is presently located at 3660 Washington Ave., in the historical Avondale community. The church has expanded to include a sanctuary, school annex, which houses the Little Footprints Daycare, a community services ministry, and the Shiloh Adventist Gardens Apartment complex senior living facility.

In the 105 years of the church’s existence, it has been pastored by 29 diligent and faithful men of God. Presently the church is pastored by Bryant L. Smith and continues to touch the lives of the city of Cincinnati and surrounding communities.

 

shiloh history1 webShiloh History2 web

 

Donate Here Our Ministries
 
x